Do you prefer the beach or the lake? Why not both? Make the most of your stay at our holiday residence to enjoy the beaches in the Landes region, as well as the big Landes lakes that have made the Côte d'Argent's reputation.
Stock up on sunshine on the beaches of the Côte d'Argent
Have you booked your holiday in the Landes region? You won't regret it! There are plenty of beaches and the ocean to enjoy. The entire Landes coast, with 106 km of beaches, is the biggest sandy beach in Europe. Here, the Côte d'Argent provides an uninterrupted landscape of ocean beaches featuring large and small seaside resorts, yellow dunes and fragrant pine forests. Here you can spend the day taking it easy, swimming, surfing and watching seaside sunsets! The Landes beaches are much appreciated by fans of water sports, especially surfers. They are famous for their fine sand, vast, unspoilt landscapes and big waves. There are plenty of surfing and sailing schools on the Landes coast to help you learn how to take on the waves. From Biscarrosse to Tarnos via Vielle Saint Girons, Mimizan, Vieux-Boucau, Labenne and Capbreton, you are sure to find what you're looking for on the beautiful Landes beaches. Beaches are lifeguarded in summer. And if the waves on the Côte d'Argent are sometimes impressive, then the Landes lakes provide a more peaceful and gentler welcome.
A trip to the Landes lakes
The lakes nestling at the heart of the Landes forest are another big attraction during your holiday in the region ! The Landes lakes are peaceful, sheltered from the waves and provide an alternative to the Atlantic breakers. The water is generally shallow and a few degrees warmer than the ocean. Here you can swim in perfect safety with your children with lifeguards in summer.
And there is no shortage of water sports, either. Catamaran, canoes, stand up paddleboarding, windsurfing, water skiing, dugouts, rowing boats, pedaloes... There is more than one way to cross the Landes lakes! Here is a selection of Landes lakes that are well worth a visit. They are all easy to access from your holiday residence:
- Lac de Biscarrosse et de Parentis: a "small sea" covering 55 km2 with limpid, turquoise waters. The "plage" (beach) to be? Maguide Beach, with an average temperature of 28° in summer!
- Lac d'Aureilhan in Mimizan: between the sea and the forest, enjoy an exceptional natural setting adapted for leisure activities and relaxation. Our favourites? The Plaine and Ponton beaches.
- The Port d'Albret marine lake in Soustons: sheltered from the sea, between the dunes and the pine forest, come and enjoy a little haven of peace and nature that is a big hit with families. The big favourite at our holiday residence? Sauvagine Beach, sheltered from the waves and in the shade of the pine forest!
- Lac de Léon: a must for fans of water sports, with a surface area of 340 hectares and listed as a nature reserve. This is one of the biggest Landes lakes. It is also a hit with fans of sailing and fishing.
- Hossegor marine lake: a string of small, lifeguarded beaches sheltered from the wind and waves, with soft sand, a beautiful promenade around the lake with a series of villas... The scene is set and it's a pure delight!